Diphetogo Créche visits Hillcrest Game Estates and receives R117 500 from Bona Bona

Diphetogo Creche visits Hillcrest Games Estates
Jenny Firth hands over xmas gift
Seen here, Mrs Jenny Firth hands over Christmas gift-hampers to the children of Diphetogo Créche.

On the 7th of November, Diphetogo Créche (Wolmaransstad) visited Hillcrest Game Estates. This is the 3rd successive year that these visits have been taking place. Each year, a cohort of pre-schoolers visits Hillcrest, just before their official schooling starts in grade R. Presently there are a total of 79 toddlers being cared for at Diphetogo Créche.

As part of its corporate social investment (CSI) programme, Hillcrest Game Estates supports Diphetogo crèche.

This year’s visit was particularly special in that Mrs Ernst from Bona Bona handed over a cheque of R117 500 to the school’s principal, Constance. Payments will take place in 12 monthly instalments for the duration of the 2019 school-year.

Diphetogo créche
Seen here, children from Diphetogo créche with Christmas gift-hampers received during their visit to Hillcrest Game Estates.

The donated funding was raised during a recent auction that took place at Bona Bona—One of the auction lots auctioned off a Njala bull-calf, together with some Impala’s with a black-Impala ram included. Diphetogo’s children are instructed on the importance of maintaining this unique aspect of South Africa’s wildlife- and game-farming heritage.

John Firth (Hillcrest Game Estates) wishes to personally thank the following for making this donation possible:

  • Mrs Ernst (Bona Bona) and Mrs Firth (Hillcrest Game Estates) for taking the time out to attend the small award-ceremony.
  • The Ernst family for their openhearted acceptance of Diphetego crèche.
  • Bona Bona Lodge for the huge contribution,
  • The game-breeders who contributed animals to the charity lot which was sold—with Bona Bona donating 90% of the game and Hillcrest the other 10%.
  • The Hillcrest staff and management team for embracing the Diphetogo crèche children, and for making the award-ceremony such a special annual event.

Speaking to the broader game industry, Firth had these encouraging words to say: “I wish to challenge the larger game-breeding fraternity to share with us all—to share details of their corporate social responsibility programs, their social involvement successes, and to discover new and exciting ways in which game breeders might be able to collaborate and work together to strengthen the game-breeding industry in South Africa.”

At Hillcrest Game Estates, investment in wildlife- and game-farming education helps to pass on a fine legacy of appreciation for South Africa’s wildlife and game animals.

Caption (main banner photo): Mrs Ernst from Bona Bona hands over a cheque for R117 500 to Diphetogo créche school principal, Constance.


For more information, or to share your collaboration ideas, contact John Firth today.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

About the Author
Adrian Baillie-Stewart

Adrian Baillie-Stewart

On a part-time basis, Adrian serves as lead digital communications consultant for the Firth Group of farms. This includes Firth Red Brangus, Firth Wagyu, Maquassi Spruit Pecan Nuts and Highlands Cycads. A communications specialist at Content Strategics (Pty) Ltd., Adrian helps small to medium enterprises achieve their primary operational goals by maximising the commercial impact of their media content published across multiple online digital platforms.

Recent Posts
Dont Miss Out

Subscribe to get the
Latest Articles

Follow us on
Our Gallery